April's book was A Piece of the World by Christina Baker Kline. I absolutely loved this book! It is a bit of a slower read and focuses on the everyday life of Christina Olson, the woman featured in the famous painting Christina's World by Andrew Wyeth.
I drew inspiration from the family farm where Christina lives in Cushing, Maine.
• I wish I could say I baked this pie but I bought it instead. For some reason farm living always reminds me of freshly baked pies. Pick you favourite recipe or choose whichever fruit is in season. This looks like a good recipe for blueberry pie!
• I also decided on tea and added some of the honey from April's box! Iced tea or sweet tea would also be a cute idea if the weather is warm.
• Cherries are delicious (and in season!) and helped add some colour to the table.
• I decorated the table with a white lace table cloth that belonged to my Grandmother. I also took advantage of the season and brought in some lilacs from my garden. I felt that the mason jar gave it a more rustic feel.
• I placed some eggs on the table and used some old fashioned dishes to tie the whole thing together.
My favourite part, the discussion questions! As always, feel free to add in your own.
1. What did you think of Christina? Were you able to relate to her?
2. How did you feel about Christina's relationship with Walton?
3. Did you feel like Christina unnecessarily sacrificed her happiness? What about her brother?
4. How did you feel about the ending? Were you satisfied?
Let me know what you thought of the book in the comments below!