March’s book pick was Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough and the first psychological thriller we’ve included in one of our boxes. This isn’t a genre that I read regularly but I found this one really intriguing and decided to give it a try. You guys knows I like to do something different each month and this book is definitely different! I think there are going to be a lot of mixed opinions on this one and that makes for some of the best book chats.
For this book club guide I chose a murder-mystery theme to go with our book genre.
• There are so many different ideas for this! Definitely check out our Pinterest Board to see some of the creepy snacks that you could make.
• I chose to create this bleeding cake. As you can probably tell, this was a total Pinterest fail! It turns out I am a terrible fake blood creator and mine was so thick it didn't run at all. Oh well! If you give this a try let me know if yours turned out better than mine!
• I also loved these blood spatter cookies (With my limited baking skills I thought the cake might be a little easier to recreate and not result in red food colouring all over my kitchen! With my cake fiasco I can't even imagine what a disaster these would have been.).
• If blood splattered desserts aren’t your thing, you could also go with a black/white/purple theme to match our box. This Vanilla Purple Cake looks delicious! If you search for ‘purple cookies’ in the Pinterest search bar all sorts of gorgeous creations show up.
• I also thought some red wine would pair perfectly with this novel. After all, we know Louise enjoys her wine (maybe a little too much?). These are definitely some Louise-sized glasses.
We’ll be hosting our book club chat in our Facebook group on Wednesday, April 5th at 8:30PM EST! All are welcome to join! Also let us know what you thought of this book in the comments below!